Five students from Idaho planning careers in automotive or heavy duty aftermarket industry received scholarships through the Global Automotive Aftermarket Symposium (GAAS) Scholarship Committee, thanks to the generous support of John and Kathy Albano, former owners of Muffler Warehouse, the CARQUEST member company in Idaho.
The award winners, listed below, each will receive a $1,000 scholarship award:
• Paul Danenberg of Nampa, attending College of Southern Idaho in the automotive technology program
• Shekinah Davies of Arco, attending College of Southern Idaho in the AAS – automotive program
• Bailey Jennings of Boise, attending UTI in Sacramento, Calif., in the collision repair program
• Dax Peterson of Rigby, attending Brigham Young University of Idaho in the automotive advanced vehicle systems program
• Zachary Webster of Rexburg, attending Brigham Young University of Idaho in the automotive engineering technology program
“We are pleased to assist these deserving students as they pursue their education and careers in the aftermarket,” said John Albano. “We are pleased to support the aftermarket’s future in Idaho through these awards.”
Additional scholarship funding comes from industry contributions provided by individuals, companies and foundations. Contributions can be made to Julie Brehm, Auto Care Association, 7101 Wisconsin Ave., Suite 1300, Bethesda, MD 20814, 240-333-1046.