2008-2011 Accord 2-door/4-door
2012 Accord 2-door/4-door (select VINs)
2010-11 Crosstour 2WD/4WD
2012 Crosstour 2WD/4WD V6 (select VINs)
2008-11 Odyssey EX-Land Touring
2012 Odyssey (select VINs)
2009-11 Pilot 2WD/4WD
2012 Pilot 2WD/4WD (select VINs)
The MIL comes on with one of these DTCS:
• P3400 (VPS Stuck Off Bank 1)
• P3497 (VPS Stuck Off Bank 2)
NOTE: The symptom may be intermittent, and you may not be able to duplicate it after clearing the DTC.
The front and/or rear rocker arm oil pressure switch may fail intermittently.
Check the engine oil level on the dipstick. If the engine oil level is below the end of the dipstick (there is no oil on the dipstick), this service bulletin does not apply. The low engine oil level is likely the cause of the DTCs; continue with normal troubleshooting.
• If the engine oil level is on the dipstick (it may be low, but there is oil on the dipstick), go to the Repair Procedure.
1. Remove the engine cover. (photo 1)
2. Remove the appropriate rocker arm oil pressure switch(es) depending on the DTCS stored. (photo 2)
- P3400 – Replace the Bank 1, rear rocker arm oil pressure switch.
- P3497 – Replace the Bank 2, front rocker arm oil pressure switch.
3. Install the new rocker arm oil pressure switch(es) and new O-ring(s). Torque the oil pressure switch to 22 N.m (16 lb-ft).
4. Reinstall the engine cover.
5. Clear the code(s) with the HDS.
NOTE: If the DTC returns, refer to the troubleshooting procedure for the DTC that is set.
Courtesy of ALLDATA