The School of the Year contest is judged by editorial staff from Babcox Media, publisher of Tomorrow’s Tech, as well as a designated group from contest sponsor WIX Filters. There are many aspects that make today’s automotive and secondary schools stand out.
Schools that are notified that they have been named to the Top 20 list must provide video, which showcases the school, instructors and students. Within the video, the following questions should be addressed:
- What do you credit for the positive learning environment in your automotive program?
- What is the greatest challenge facing tomorrow’s techs as they enter the industry?
- How are you addressing the innovations in the automotive industry?
- In a time when some schools are cutting various programs due to funding, how has your automotive program been able to succeed?
We encourage instructors and their students to interview, on video, instructors and some students, and discuss a special project the class is working on. We also like to see the classrooms, auto labs, tool inventory and any other areas instructors would like to showcase.
Other information schools should provide: graduation percentage rate, community service and other special projects, teacher/student ratio, scholarships, employment percentage rate, programs offered and awards.
School of the Year Winner Receives
• Prize Money • Products and Gifts from WIX Filters • More details will be announced soon.