Some 2012-2013 Focus vehicles built on or before 11/12/2012 may exhibit wet carpet on the passenger-side front foot well. This is likely due to leaking climate control condensate.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
1. Start the engine and operate air conditioning in the fresh air mode, temperature control on full cold and the fan speed control on high. Allow the vehicle to operate in this manner for a period of time long enough for condensation to develop, considering ambient weather conditions.
2. Check the lower section of the heater core and evaporator core housing inside the vehicle for damage.
3. Is the heater core and evaporator core housing damaged?
a. Yes – this procedure does not apply.
b. No – proceed to Step 4.
4. Check if the heater core and evaporator core housing drain tube are present and fully seated in position.
5. Is the heater core and evaporator core housing drain tube present and fully seated in position, and does condensate flow freely from the drain tube?
a. Yes – proceed to Step 6.
b. No – this procedure does not apply.
6. Remove the five (5) T20 Torx screws to evaporator core access cover. (Figure 1)
7. Place the rope seal across the bottom of the evaporator core access cover groove, and starting in the middle, push rope seal into the groove. (Figure 2)
a. Stretching the rope seal may result in a water and/or air leak.
8. Wrap the rope seal around the corners and continue working into the groove.
9. Install the evaporator core access cover.
Courtesy of ALLDATA.