Congratulations to everyone who correctly guessed the make and model of vehicle in Tomorrow’s Technician’s “Guess The Car” contest for the week of October 5-11, 2020.
You know, the fear of what you can believe in the media is nothing new. On this day, October 14, 1899, the magazine Literary Digest declared that “the ordinary horseless carriage is at present a luxury for the wealthy” and will “never come into common use.” Talk about your fake news!
Here are those who, unlike the editors at Literary Digest, got the right answer, which was, by the way a Hyundai!
• Peyton Taylor, Olathe East High School, Olathe, KS;
• Tony Waters, Ridge Technical College, Winter Haven, FL;
• Josh Siegel, Mount Anthony Union High School / Southwest Vermont Tech, Bennington, VT;
• Bryson Lee, Olathe Northwest, Olathe, KS;
• Chris Crossno, Northwest High School, Clarksville, TN;
• Ethan Ballard, Mary Persons High School, Forsythe, GA;
• David Barrett, Hallsville High School, Hallsville, TX;
• Cody Harper, Olathe South, Olathe, KS;
• Lee Wulf, Ridge Tech College Automotive, Winter Haven, FL;
• Karl Schermerhorn, Thomas McKean High School, Wilmington, DE.
Next up: Another popular Tomorrow’s Tech Crossword Puzzle . Can you solve it in one sitting? If so, you might be a winner! The winners will be randomly selected from all correct entries this week and entries must be received by midnight Sunday, October 18, 2020.
MindGames is a weekly series of interactive puzzles designed to sharpen your wits, fire the synapses and inspire creativity. New puzzles and activities will be posted regularly to help keep students engaged, connecting online and even have a chance to win some prizes. Solutions to the previous week’s puzzle and names of winners will be posted every Monday.
Chances of winning are dependent upon the number of correct entries received. Sorry, employees of Babcox Media, Tomorrow’s Technician, sponsors and advertisers are not eligible to enter.