Can you complete the crossword in one sitting? If so, you might be a winner! The winners will be randomly selected from all correct entries each week. Entries must be received by midnight Sunday following each puzzle’s publication. Chances of winning are dependent upon the number of correct entries received. Employees of Babcox Media, Tomorrow’s Technician, sponsors and advertisers are not eligible to enter. Click here to view the contest rules.
1. Ratio of (i) the volume of a vehicles engine cylinder with its piston at bottom dead center to (ii) the volume of the same cylinder with its piston at top dead center.
2. The “go” pedal
3. A digital or analog display that indicates the direction a vehicle is facing.
4. A type of cruise control system that uses laser or radar sensing to automatically slow or stop a vehicle in order to avoid frontend collisions
5. Chevrolet’s fullsize pickup
6. They called him – Andy – Mr. 500
7. The I in VIN
8. Pads keeping auto carpet clean from grubby feet.
9. The V in CV joints
10. A supplemental device designed to protect the front or rear of a vehicle’s frame andor body from collision damage.
11. Gases produced by vehicles that use hydrocarbons as fuel (such as carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, methane, nitrous oxide and hydroflourocarbons) that contribute to reducing the loss of atmospheric heat into space.
12. A final gear ratio for an automatic transmission that has an output speed greater than its input speed, which increases highway fuel economy.
13. The system of components that generates power and transmits it to a vehicle’s wheels.
14. An undercoat put on materials before painting, ensuring better adhesion of paint to the surface, increasing paint durability, and providing additional protection for the material being painted.
15. An engine that can be run on more than one type of fuel (for example, E85 and gasoline).
16. A handling characteristic of a vehicle that causes it to turn less sharply than the driver intends because the front wheels are sliding to the outside of the turn.
17. A guide or tightening pulley for a belt or chain.
18. AKA Sticker price (1,1,1,1)
19. An instrument that tells the driver how fast the engine is rotating, commonly including a redline to indicate the maximum engine speed.
20. Drag racer Tom McEwen’s nickname
Fill out the form below for your chance to win!