Due to a computer glitch early in the week during the Pop Quiz that ran from September 28 to October 4, some participants were accidentally told that their right answer for one of the questions was wrong.
4. When most of the electrical accessories are turned on, the electrical system will demand (need):
A. Lower alternator output
B. Higher alternator output
C. Neither A nor B
D. Both A and B
Because Alternator output current increases as electrical demand increases, the correct answer is B.
We rechecked the quizzes and gave proper credit to everyone who actually got it right but were unfairly penalized. Our apologies for the problem.
Here are the winners of $10 McDonalds Gift Card, randomly drawn from the complete, updated list of correct entries.
• Michael Ward, Southern Westchester BOCES, Rye Brook, NY;
• Ivan Sandoval, Klein Forest High School, Houston, TX;
• Mike McCord, Tennessee College Applied Technology, Whiteville, TN;
• Cristian Barton, Faribault High School, Faribault, MN;
• Jeremy Davis, Hamilton Career and Technology Center, Seneca, SC;
• Luis Flores, Klein Forest High School, Houston, TX;
• Chris Crossno, Northwest High School, Clarksville, TN;
• Dwayne Washburn, Guilford Technical Community College, Jamestown, NC;
• Bobby Dunno, Alaska’s Institute of Technology, Seward, AK;
• Anthony Villalobos, Klein Forest High School, Houston, TX.
Now playing: Guess the Car. What vehicle model or popular nameplate does each pictoword puzzle represent? It may be harder (or easier!) than you think! The winners will be randomly selected from all correct entries this week and entries must be received by midnight October 11, 2020.
MindGames is a weekly series of interactive puzzles designed to sharpen your wits, fire the synapses and inspire creativity. New puzzles and activities will be posted regularly to help keep students engaged, connecting online and even have a chance to win some prizes. Solutions to the previous week’s puzzle and names of winners will be posted every Monday.
Chances of winning are dependent upon the number of correct entries received. Sorry, employees of Babcox Media, Tomorrow’s Technician, sponsors and advertisers are not eligible to enter.