It’s the “Year of the Bronco” at the 2019 SEMA Show and WD-40 Company and SEMA Cares have partnered to rebuild an iconic cult classic, the 1966 Ford Bronco, to be featured show before being auctioned off to raise money for ChildHelp, a nonprofit organization dedicated to the prevention and treatment of child abuse.
SEMA Show attendees can see the WD-40 X SEMA Cares 1966 Boosted Bronco and learn how WD-40 Brand products can help them on the job in every day and extreme, cannot fail situations – like upgrading a classic car. The Boosted Bronco will be on display at the WD-40 Brand booth (#62129 located outside by South Hall) from Nov. 5-9, 2019.
WD-40 Brand initially debuted the Boosted Bronco at the 2017 SEMA Show with builder Aaron Vaccar. In 2017, the Boosted Bronco was given a 3.5L eco-boost, twin turbocharged engine with six speed automatic transmission. For the 2019 SEMA Show, SEMA is taking the rebuild to the next level and has made numerous updates, including:
- A brand-new fuel system and custom exhaust
- Custom fabricated turbo piping
- A new front and rear suspension with a 5-inch lift and new front and rear axles.
- Custom brown leather seats, a rear bench and fully carpeted interior to give an old-school aesthetic
- New front and rear door panels with side mirrors
- A 6-point roll cage
- All exterior trim, down to wheels and tires, is refinished and new
“It’s great to be able to modify an iconic vehicle like the Ford Bronco using WD-40 Brand products, particularly as the 2021 release approaches,” said Mike Spagnola, SEMA vice president of OEM and product development. “We’re honored to be able to participate in the build with WD-40 Company and support SEMA Cares.”
After being on display at the SEMA Show, the vehicle will be auctioned off with 100 percent of the profits benefitting ChildHelp, one of the charities supported by SEMA Cares.
“The WD-40 X SEMA Cares 1966 Boosted Bronco build is meant to inspire the next generation of automotive technicians to live life hands on and continues WD-40 Company’s commitment to giving back,” said Erin Bala, director of brand marketing and innovation at WD-40 Company, which to date has donated more than $1 million to SEMA Cares charities through vehicle restoration and auctions.
In addition to checking out the Boosted Bronco at the WD-40 Brand booth, SEMA Show attendees can test the brand new WD-40 Specialist Penetrant with a Flexible Straw – debuting at the show – and enter for a chance to win WD-40 Brand products and gear. They can also learn how WD-40 Multi-Use Product and the WD-40 Specialist line of products played a critical role in the Boosted Bronco build, including:
- WD-40 Specialist Carb/Throttle Body & Parts Cleaner cleaned the surface of the throttle body to prevent debris entering the engine, which can cause damage and hinder performance.
- WD-40 Specialist Industrial-Strength Cleaner & Degreaser cleaned the transmission of accumulated dirt, debris and grease.
- WD-40 Specialist Penetrant with Flexible Straw freed up tight and rusted bolts and nuts on the engine and other areas; the bendable straw helped the team get into tight spaces without making a mess.
- WD-40 Specialist Electrical Contact Cleaner Spray was used on the electrical connections to ensure they were clean before reassembly.
- WD-40 EZ-REACH made getting around obstacles on the engine compartment easy so the team could lubricate hard-to-reach areas.
- WD-40 Specialist Spray & Stay Gel Lubricant was the lube of choice for the ends of the front axle because the thick gel formula wouldn’t drip on brakes, wheels and tires.
- WD-40 Specialist True Multi-Purpose Grease was applied to the drive shaft to keep the rotating assembly lubricate.
Build partners that have donated products for use on the Bronco include: Currie Enterprises; Wilwood Brakes; Wheel Pros; Toyo Tires; Energy Suspension; Drake Automotive; Solo Motorsports; Skyjacker Suspension; Lund International; NRG; Classic Instruments; Auto Custom Carpets; LGE-CTS; Distinctive Industries; PPG; Lokar; Magnaflow; Summit Racing; Hellwig Products; Yukon Gear & Axle; Tom’s Bronco Parts; Wild Horses 4×4; Flaming River; Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts; Greddy Performance Products; Weld Hard Fabrication; Covercraft; Painless Wiring; 3D Liquid Graphics; and Optima Batteries.
For more information about WD-40 Company’s involvement in the SEMA Show and images of the Boosted Bronco, visit WD40.com/SEMA. Follow the conversation at #WD40Bronco and #WD40atSEMA and on Facebook and Instagram.