B’laster Instructor of the Year Contest
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited by law.
A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
CONTEST STARTS October 2021 and ENDS May 2022
Sponsored by: The B’laster Corporation, 8500 Sweet Valley Dr, Valley View, Ohio 44125 (“Sponsor”).
Official partnership with: Tomorrow’s Tech, Babcox Media, 3550 Embassy Pkwy, Fairlawn, Ohio 44333 (“Partner”).
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- Contest is open only to high school and post-secondary Automotive Technology Instructors (including collision) in the U.S.
- The B’laster Instructor of the Year contest opens October 2021. Contest entries must be received no later than March 15, 2022. Entry materials will NOT be returned. Six finalists will be selected from all entries and will be announced via digital article and video interview. From those finalists, the Grand Prize Winner will be selected and announced in May 2022.
- One Grand Prize winner will receive B’laster products and materials for their classroom, $500 gift card and will be featured in a video production during May 2021 on the Tomorrow’s Technician website and eNewsletter (approximate value $1000). Monthly Finalists will receive a video introduction and article, as well as B’laster products and materials for the classroom (approximate value $250) as determined by the sponsor.
- Entrants must complete the Official Digital Entry Form. Entry materials will NOT be returned. Digital photos that accompany the entry form, MUST be submitted.
- There is a limit of one entry per eligible instructor. All entries become the sole property of the contest Sponsor and its Partner and will not be returned. By submitting your entry, you give consent to the contest Sponsor and Partner to use your image and likeness and/or any interview statements in its publications, advertising or other media activities (including the internet and social media).
- Entries will be accepted from Automotive Technology Instructors in the U.S. or students, coworkers or parents. Candidates must be legal residents of the U.S. and at least 21 years of age.
- Employees of the contest Sponsor and Partner, or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or the employees of any sponsoring company, their affiliates and subsidiaries, affiliated advertising or promotion agencies, and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter or win. This contest is not a game of chance or sweepstakes; contest is void where prohibited by law, and this contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Each entry must be entrant’s own original work, in English, true and verifiable, in keeping with Tomorrow’s Tech and B’laster Corporation’s image and may not be offensive or inappropriate, as determined by contest Sponsor and Partner in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third-party rights. The Sponsor and Partner reserves the right to void any entry it deems in its sole discretion to be offensive or inappropriate or that is otherwise not in compliance with these official rules.
- All eligible entries received by Tomorrow’s Tech and B’laster Corporation will be judged by a panel of qualified judges equally on the following criteria: originality and creativity, innovation, professionalism and effectiveness. The final round of finalist judging will determine one winner, based on highest scores as determined by the judges.
- In the event of a tie, an additional tie-breaking judge will determine the winner(s) from among such tied entries based on the criteria listed herein. Sponsor and Partner reserve the right to not award all prizes if, in their sole discretion, competition does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries. Judges’ decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this contest.
- The Instructor of the Year will be notified by e-mail on or about April 15, 2022. That finalist (or, if a company, a representative authorized to act on company’s behalf) will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law), which must be returned within 10 days of date appearing on prize notification. Return of the notification as undeliverable, failure to execute and return requested documentation within 10 days of the date of issuance, or noncompliance with these official rules by the any finalists will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor and Partner’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up.
- The Grand Prize Winner must agree to submit to an interview and video feature story by Tomorrow’s Tech, which will appear on Tomorrow’s Technician’s web site during May 2022.
- All prize details will be at the sole discretion of B’laster Corporation. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by contest Sponsor unless otherwise noted. If the Sponsor is unable to provide the opportunity for each winner and his/her classroom to be featured in an article scheduled to appear during May 2022 Tomorrow’s Tech digital platform, no compensation or substitution will be provided; however, the remainder of the prize package will be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent of prize is permitted, except by Sponsor and Partner, which reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Any and all federal, state and local taxes on any prize, as well as any other costs, fees, and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not explicitly stated herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the winners.